Thursday, May 13, 2010

At it again...

Since my last blog...
Tomatoes soon!!!
 I have puttered around worked in my mom's garden...
My mom's garden is always a mini wonderland, and always chaotic...We aren't talking nice neat rows...but it is an awesome place, nonetheless. She has everything from Crista tomatoes to kiwi and black bamboo growing in there. 
Noah sometimes helps us weed, but mostly he likes to help plant when he is in work mode...otherwise you'll find him with a net and a bucket "saving tadpoles" in the fish pond. Yeah, we're growing frogs in the house. Once he lost a bull frog in the living room. By the time we found it, it was flat as a pancake.  We might never have found it, but dead things do have a stinky phase. Since then, we've been a tadpole only kind of place.

I have also eaten more than my fair share of strawberries with-
out making a single jar of freezer jam. I even ate some
when Noah wasn't lookin'.  We haven't really even made much strawberry short cake because Noah is a real berry kid. He loves them. He is already eyeing the raspberries and blackberries!



Yum!!!!!!!!
I planted grasses with the Chesapeake Bay
Foundation with the little guy.  This year we
planted along the James at Westover Plantation.

Noah with the grasses...photo courtesy
 of the cell phone as I forgot to charge batteries

...And David and I got married... in one of my favorite places. 
Sunset after the wedding...

















I also became obsessed with the BP oil spill and resulting environmental catastrophe ...and I am not exaggerating...but that is another blog on its own. Until then, happy weekend, XO

1 comment:

  1. Your mother's garden sounds very similar to mine; she's been working on it for weeks now and it's like a little mini-ecosystem in and of itself over there. I managed to stick a few plants in the ground that are well on their way to an early grave, but hopefully I'll get at least a few tomatoes and peppers out of it all. Otherwise, Hi, Mom! How's your garden doin'?

    CONGRATULATIONS on your nuptials. I had every intention of going, but that particular day was frantic with preparations for the weekend, which included the Womanless Beauty Pageant...

    Those strawberries look out of this world. I am expecting a batch of white raspberries here soon. Can't wait for them and the wild blackberries...my mother makes ice cream out of those.

    ReplyDelete