Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving coming soon...

It's Monday.
Thanksgiving is this week.
I am looking forward to hearing Rob Bell in Charlottesville although I haven't sorted out the logistics (Noah).
Today I get a CT scan of my head.  The idea of getting a head scan has me practically rolling and I am sure Noah's dad will feel the same when he finds out (which he will because I don't ask Noah to keep secrets). I am going to digress a moment. Sorry. A teacher who was helping Noah in 2nd grade once told me that Noah shared "a lot of information about your  (my) personal life." I just smiled. Whattaya do?
Undiagnosed pain is making me a little batty.
But...I am thankful for so many things this year.
Having friends for Thanksgiving, and my neighbor, Tom...who is a real character.
Turkey.
Dressing. Pecan pie. Gravy.
My friend Sarah is cooking with me.
I only really care about the gravy.
I've been trying to fix things in my house.
It is still a masterpiece, evolving... Big smiles.
Freedom. Love. Living Loved. Knowing that there are no boxes.
Smiles on Noah's face. The way he laughs when he is alone in a room.
And gravy...

Peace and Love and Happy Thanksgiving,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment