Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much for which I'm thankful. Sometimes when life gets tough it is important to remind myself. 

I so love this boy!!!
I have a great kid. I lucked out with wonderful parents.  I have a brother and sisters who inspire me, laugh with me, and pull me out of the funk when I crawl into that dark place. I have great friends. I work with great people. I get to spend time with some amazing kids.

The dysfunctional family Thanksgiving actually functions for me.  I am going to my mom's. Although there is always the scare of food poisoning there, it's always fun with the Flanagan/Gustafson crew. That was not an insult to anyone's cooking prowess...Some will know what it means.  Anyhoo, Noah will get picked up there by his Dad and he'll do Thanksgiving with Steve and Grandma JoAnna. Grandpa Jim is sailing Scrimshaw south. At 4:15 Noah and I will meet back at the house for the Redskins/Cowboys game. Yay!! And we will get to watch it in the living room because the Dish man is coming today.

On Sunday I am cooking a turkey and doing my own version of Thanksgiving for old Tom across the street's birthday. He will be 84 years old. He doesn't know he's coming for dinner yet, and I suppose Noah and I should walk over and make the invite this afternoon.

Love to all, and Happy Thanksgiving! -K




No comments:

Post a Comment