Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Friday

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat...another tune that plays in my head thanks to Grandma Carmen.  Her "Puttin' on the Ritz" singing turtle should have arrived by now, and is in all probability driving everyone crazy because she will forget she just turned it on as soon as it stops singing. Noah picked it out. I'm blameless.
I already got my Christmas present. My boy blew me a kiss as he walked into school this morning, apparently forgetting for a moment all rules of tween decorum.  I'm not sure which warmed my heart more-the kiss, or the nervous expression on his face as he looked around to make sure no one had seen. Twelve year old boys are all wonder and beautiful soul. I don't really care if he ever cleans his room, he's got my heart forever.
This year by a series of fortunate events I get to have Christmas dinner with my Noah.  We are looking forward to empanadas and an evening of good music and movies and fun. He may even teach me a few chords on the guitar.
And I am off for 17 days. It is starting to feel a lot like Christmas...

Merry Christmas and Peace to All,  K

1 comment:

  1. Sounds heavenly.

    I share your sentiments about tidiness/the room, and practice the same philosophy here. If everything else is great, who cares.

    Being on the receiving end of a kiss from a tween is more than great.

    ReplyDelete