Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Walking with reflections


It was a nice evening for a walk and reflections. I've been teaching fifth graders about the physical properties of light through some fun magic tricks this month. I've also been saying prayers that I somehow convey to Noah the importance of being true to his inner light. Noah is in sixth grade. Middle school is tough. Somehow it seems especially tough for a kid without a box. We took a walk in the early evening.




Miller Cove off Blackwater Creek

Miller's Cove with the Catalina that dragged anchor when it was windy last week.

Noah and his reflection

My favorite tree which is here just because.
...So in the contemplative mood, just hoping I reflect love more often than not.
Peace, K.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely.

    Boxes are so confining and restrictive and limiting. Although it's difficult, being box-free is definitely more fun in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are...but not as easy in 6th grade (one of the grades I really hated).

      Delete
  2. Reflections are thrilling to paint. We are all reflections and our thoughts transform everything around us. Help! I've lost my box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel naked without "the box"... especially when caught in the act of being boxless... but it always fuels my warped sense of humor later..So In my best frenchy Marie Antoinette(who never really said this) voice, "Let them be boxless, and eat cake, too!"

    ReplyDelete