Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Mermaid Day

It is a mermaid day... How could it not be? When the weekend starts early...when there are no meltdowns before breakfast...when I actually find two socks that match (and they are both clean). Yay!

I am highly distracted today...but it is still a mermaid day. I can't share all that has me distracted...someone else's story has to unfold in her own time...but, I am believing it will roll out well...I have hope.

I am driving to Savannah today with Noah after lunch. We are going to see David, and we are both excited! This is another part of the distraction. I don't ever pack well. Good intentions, but then it doesn't carry over...so I have a list of things in my head that I know I didn't pack and a list of the things I am not sure if I packed. Those I know I didn't include a blanket, my toothbrush, and Noah's pillow he can't sleep with out. I will stop by the house to get those. The things I am not sure I packed could cover anything from underwear to medicine, shoes to eyeglasses. I could go out to the car and unzip my bag and look...but I won't do that because that is just who I am. I know I have insulin.

If the distractedness doesn't go away by lunch time I am going to have to use one of Noah's old ADD patches that he doesn't use anymore because he is allergic to the adhesive. I am allergic to the adhesive, too. One square welt on the butt won't kill me though...and they work. We used to call it the focus patch...It is actually some type of ritilin that absorbs through the skin.

I almost forgot. Here is a chance to use some new to me lingo. S.H.I.T.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Drive safely and have a great weekend.

    p.s. Every single time I leave to go down the driveway on an out of town trip, these words are uttered: "Whatever I've forgotten, I'll buy when I get there." Inevitably there's more than one thing.

    ReplyDelete